nPoint, Inc. is a dynamic nanopositioning systems manufacturer with clients in materials characterization and inspection, aerospace, life sciences, surface science and lithography. Our highly motivated team is dedicated to delivering high specification, high quality products to our diverse customers. We are the leading provider of nanomotion tools and are looking for energetic team players to share and expand our vision.
nPoint is located in Middleton, WI, a city that has received national recognition for its high quality of life. It is located adjacent to Madison, WI, home to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is consistently ranked as one of the top research universities in America. Madison offers a wide range of recreational, cultural and social opportunities.
Mechanical Design Engineer
nPoint, Inc, a high-tech company specializing in nanopositioning products, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer. Responsibilities will include mechanical design of nanopositioning stage products, testing fixtures, electronics closures and other precision mechanical components and assemblies. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of mechanical design with a proficiency in Solidworks, an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and 3+ years industry experience in mechanical design. The candidate would be responsible for generating detailed mechanical designs, and the creation of all drawings and documentation for the Company’s products. Teamwork skills and efficiency in design work are essential. Pay commensurate with experience, good benefits and stock options.
- Four-year engineering degree required, BSME preferred.
- Demonstrated SolidWorks experience.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis.
- Experience formulating design alternatives to achieve desired industrial design concepts.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Excellent organizational, communication and decision making skills.
- Ability to take a project from concept to deliverable.
- Ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders throughout the design process.